Sunday, May 10, 2009

First days in Vietnam

I've been in Vietnam nearly six months now and I've learned a lot about the culture and country during that time. During my first few days here, I really had nothing to do, so I aimlessly walked around snapping photos of whatever I could. Most of the photos are from the Pham Ngu Lao area -- haven for both the backpackers and sex tourists. I didn't know it at the time, having been in Vietnam for only a few days, but Pham Ngu Lao doesn't accurately portray "the real" Vietnam. It's loaded with foreigners and full of stupid souvenir shit that I could care less about. Anyway, although I hardly go there now except to pay off my motorbike rental or meet a few friends, I thoroughly enjoyed my first month in "the Lao."



She works all day, seven days a week, and makes around $60 a month.


Bui Vien Street -- Foreigners' Mecca



Gotta admire the electric company's audacity in adding just one more wire.


To quote a friend -- squished baby!!!


An actual wedding photo shoot. I snuck in from behind and stole some quality shots.


Vietnamese weddings use powerful, deep reds. It's really quite beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment